Primal Defense HSO Probiotic Formula
Garden of Life Primal Defense (PD) probiotic supplement is the only formula designed to optimize the digestive, bowel and immune systems with a unique whole food Homeostatic Soil Organism (HSO) blend. The HSO's in PD give you the powerful nutrients you would get if your food came from soil untouched by pesticides, herbicides and other widely used chemicals. To replenish the valuable nutrients our modern diet no longer provides, Primal Defense includes 14 species of hardy, non-dairy HSO's. For even greater efficacy, these HSO's are grown in a base of nutrient-rich Superfoods, providing more than 100 naturally occurring live enzymes, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, chlorophyllins and plant saponins.
Much more than a defense, the HSO blend in Garden of Life Primal Defense literally attacks the harmful pathogens in the intestines to eliminate populations of yeast, parasites and bad bacteria. Unlike other probiotics, the HSO's in PD supplements can thrive in the toughest digestive environments and are undeterred by temperature, stomach acid, chlorine, fluorine, ascorbic acid or bile.
Whether you suffer from severe digestive disorders or are in perfect health, let the powerful HSO's in Primal Defense take you to a new level of total health.
Primal Defense Powder & Caplets Nature's First Probiotic
- Provides 14 Probiotic Strains
- Grown in a base of Nutrient-Rich Superfoods
- Over 100 naturally occurring Vitamins, Minerals & Live Enzymes
- Utilizes Exclusive Poten-Zyme™ and UltraZorbe™ Delivery Systems
- Requires No Refrigeration
- Awarded the Diabetes Resource Center's "Seal of Approval" as a beneficial food for diabetic consumption.
Primal Defense Caplets Usage
What are probiotics and why do I need them?
Probiotics are formulas designed to promote the growth of beneficial microorganisms, also called good bacteria. Healthy human intestines contain billions of microorganisms—both good and bad. The good bacteria in the intestine are considered an integral part of your immune system. Probiotics provide good bacteria that synthesize the B-complex vitamins and crowd out yeast and parasites. Many people are unaware that daily exposure to our environment and even certain habits considered healthy—taking antibiotics, drinking chlorinated water, using antibacterial soap—often kill these good bacteria essential for health.
What are HSO blends and how do they work?
HSOs, or Homeostatic Soil Organism blends, are super probiotics available in PD supplement. Upon being swallowed, the HSO compounds activate and restore the gut's balance by attaching themselves to the intestinal wall. On the intestinal wall, they reproduce to form colonies where harmful bacteria and other pathological microorganisms live. Once established, the HSO compounds quickly begin crowding out pathogens and producing the proper environment for nutrient absorption, reinstating a balanced pH. Once established, HSOs improve your body's functions in a number of ways. In fact, according to early research and anecdotal evidence, HSOs have been found to:
- Work from inside the intestines, dislodging accumulated decay from the walls and flushing out waste.
- Break down hydrocarbons, which means they possess a unique ability to split food into its most basic elements, allowing almost total absorption through the digestive system. This increases overall nutrition and enhances cellular development.
- Produce specific proteins that act as antigens, encouraging the immune system to manufacture huge pools of uncoded antibodies. This increased production of antibodies may significantly boost the body's ability to ward off disease.
- Aggressively consume pathological yeasts, fungi, bacteria, parasites and viruses.
- Work in symbiosis with somatic (tissue or organ) cells to metabolize proteins and eliminate toxic waste.
- Stimulate the body to produce natural alpha-interferon, a potent immune system enhancer and powerful virus inhibitor.
- Provide critical Lactoferrin supplementation as a by-product of their metabolism. Lactoferrin is an iron-binding protein essential for retrieving iron from foods.
What symptoms can occur if I don't have enough probiotics?
A lack of beneficial bacteria often results in poor intestinal and immune system health, contributing to a wide range of symptoms and illnesses. The following symptoms may result from a lack of probiotics:
- Gas, Bloating and Indigestion
- Diarrhea and/or Constipation
- Bad Breath and Body Odor
- Candida Yeast Infections
- Skin Problems such as Acne, Eczema and Psoriasis
- Delayed Development in Children
- Frequent Colds
What is the difference between PD supplements and other probiotics?
Even if they manage to get through destructive stomach acids, most probiotic supplements have difficulty implanting in colons that are pH imbalanced or have too many harmful bacteria.
- HSO blends are designed to implant in any colonic environment. The Microflora™ Delivery System ensures that the probiotics colonize throughout the digestive tract where they are most effective.
- The probiotics contained in PD supplements are grown and incorporated into a living whole food substrate using the Poten-Zyme™ process, which allows them to thrive on their long journey through the GI tract.
- Most probiotic companies grow bacteria, and then in a centrifuge, separate them from their substrate. We believe the substrate is as important as the probiotics themselves.
- Many probiotics have included fructooligosaccharides (FOS) in their product. FOS is an indigestible sugar that may cause digestive disturbances in certain individuals. PD contains no FOS.
- Since most probiotic supplements contain live cultures, they are temperature and age sensitive, therefore requiring refrigeration. If room temperature can begin to degrade these probiotics, imagine what the warm human body will do. Our HSOs remain dormant until activated in body fluids, and requires no refrigeration.
- Many probiotic products measure their potency in colony-forming units (CFUs), whereas in PD, it's not the quantity of probiotics that counts; it's the quality. The hardy probiotic strains in PD are resistant to heat, cold, stomach acid, chlorine, fluorine, ascorbic acid and bile. The efficacy of a probiotic should be based upon its ability to thrive in the digestive tract, whatever the conditions.
If I'm healthy, how can I benefit from taking PD?
Total health begins in the gut, so an optimized digestive tract can offer any number of benefits, including more regular bowel movements, better sleep patterns, fewer colds and flu and more energy.
Where do Garden of Life's proprietary HSO's come from?
Years ago, our soil was teeming with beneficial microbes, which humans would consume through their food. Today, however, the use of pesticides, herbicides and other chemicals has virtually eliminated the beneficial probiotic content in our planting soil. In order to gain the HSO benefits we once enjoyed, Garden of Life accesses and exclusive, proprietary process to cultivate naturally occurring colonies of HSOs in a laboratory, using Superfood substrates and pure, nutrient-dense soil.
What probiotic species does Primal Defense contain?
Primal Defense supplements are a natural whole food probiotic blend of HSOs utilizing our proprietary Poten Zyme process and the Microflora Delivery System. The Superfood blend in each PD caplet is cultured using the following 14 probiotic species:
*This lactic acid yeast does not promote the growth of Candida albicans. It is a natural remedy for yeast infections.
What are physicians saying?
"I use quite a bit of PD for tough cases of bowel toxemia and irritable bowel syndrome. My patients like it, and I attest to PD being a superior product for gut metabolism."
-James Privatera, MD
"Almost all people who consult me for the care of irritable bowel syndrome, candidiasis, Lyme disease, or infections get their gut flora changed to healthier consistencies by my prescribing PD for them. I am invariably using one of the lactobacillus preparations, and the HSOs™ in PD as the top of the line, the Cadillac of lactobacilli."
-Seldon Nelson, DO
"For many years now, I have been involved in alternative medical care and integrated medicine. In the search for effective, safe remedies, I am constantly reviewing product claims and anecdotal reports. More often than not they fail to meet my expectations, that is, except for PD. This product generated the most affirmative response I have ever seen."
-Charles Hamel, MD
"As a mother and physician, I am enthusiastic about PD as a treatment for autism. Children with this disorder do not have normal gut functioning. Often they are infected with candida and clostridium, and fail to develop normally. If parents would put their little patients on a dairy-free diet and also supplement with PD, much improvement in their communication skills would occur and many autistic symptoms would disappear. This happened for my son."
-Natasha Campbell-McBride, MD
"I believe PD is applicable as a food supplement for everyone, whether a person is sick or not. Where people specifically find advantages in using PD is in situations involving chronic disease of gut origin. Since my expertise lies in the area of gastrointestinal disorders, this product is the primary therapy that I utilize on a routine basis. People with arthritis, chronic constipation, Crohn’s disease, colitis, and other gut-linked systemic conditions improve by supplementing with PD."
-Joseph Brasco, MD, Board Certified Gastroenterologist
"One of my patients had exceedingly elevated blood triglycerides at 305 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dl). Six weeks later, after taking the soil organisms, her triglycerides dropped to a mere 151 mg/dl. I’m excited about the product. There are many positive experiences associated with it."
-Phyllis Wilson Confer, DC
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Garden of Life Products